Introduction: The Significance of WhatsApp Verification
In today's digital age, businesses are constantly seeking ways to build trust and credibility with their customers. One platform that has revolutionized communication between businesses and customers is WhatsApp. With its massive user base and wide-ranging features, WhatsApp has become a vital tool for businesses to connect, engage, and market to their target audience. To enhance this trust and credibility, WhatsApp introduced a verification system that displays a green tick badge next to a business account's name, indicating its authenticity and legitimacy.
Both the Email Validation and the green tick verification on WhatsApp contribute to building trust, reducing the risk of fraud, enhancing communication reliability, and protecting the overall online reputation of businesses. These measures are integral components of a comprehensive strategy for secure and trustworthy digital communication.
The Green Tick Unveiled: What Does It Mean?
If you've been using WhatsApp, you're probably familiar with the green tick symbol. This small symbol holds immense power when it comes to customer Trust. The psychology behind the green tick is simple but profound. It creates a sense of Authenticity and reliability When customers see the verified green tick, they feel assured and this builds a foundation of trust, which is crucial for establishing long-lasting customer relationships.
Understanding the Green Tick: What it Means for Businesses
The green tick on WhatsApp holds immense significance for businesses. It serves as a symbol of trust and authenticity, assuring customers that they are interacting with a verified and reputable business. This small badge carries substantial weight in the minds of customers, instilling confidence and reinforcing the legitimacy of the business. It differentiates verified accounts from unverified ones, providing a clear distinction in a sea of digital noise.
Benefits of a Verified Green Tick Badge for Businesses
Enhanced Customer Trust and Confidence: The green tick badge acts as a trust signal, assuring customers that the business is genuine, reliable, and accountable. It eliminates doubts and concerns, fostering a sense of security and confidence in customers when engaging with the business.
Increased Message Reliability and Deliverability: Verified accounts receive a higher level of trust from WhatsApp's algorithm, resulting in improved message deliverability. This means that your messages are more likely to reach customers' inboxes and be seen, increasing the effectiveness of your communication efforts.
Access to Additional Features and Capabilities: WhatsApp verification opens the door to advanced features and capabilities that can further enhance your business's communication and marketing strategies. These features may include automated messages, custom messaging templates, and more, empowering you to provide a seamless and personalized customer experience.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Green Tick
Before you set out to obtain the coveted WhatsApp green tick, it's essential to ensure your business meets the necessary prerequisites. Here's what you'll need:
- WhatsApp Business API Account: You must be using an approved WhatsApp Business API account with a verified Meta Business Manager.
- 2-Step Authentication: Enable 2-step authentication for added security, ensuring your account is well-protected.
- Registered Business: Individual businesses are not currently eligible for the green tick. Your business must be a registered entity.
- Tier 2 or Above Messaging Level: Your business should be at Tier 2 or higher in WhatsApp's messaging levels to qualify for the green tick verification.
- Organic PR: Your business must have at least three organic press coverages. Keep in mind that paid PR does not count towards this requirement.
So, if your business meets these criteria, you're all set to apply for the WhatsApp Green Tick Verification with DoubleTick!
Remember, it's crucial to have a WhatsApp Business API account, a registered business, and press coverage to be eligible for the verification process.
How to Get a Green Tick Badge on Your WhatsApp Account
So, you've confirmed that your business meets the eligibility criteria for the WhatsApp green tick. Now, it's time to dive into the application process. Before you start, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria. With that in place, there are two ways to apply for the green tick verification:
Option 1: DIY Verification Process
While it's possible to apply for the WhatsApp green tick yourself, be aware that the process can be quite technical and may require a significant amount of time and effort. If you're comfortable with this challenge, you can try applying on your own.
Here are the steps to request verification from the Facebook Business Manager:
Log in to your Facebook Business Manager account and click on "Business Settings".
Under accounts, select “WhatsApp Accounts”. If you have multiple accounts listed, choose the one you’re applying a green tick for.
Select “Settings” and click “Contact Support”.
Click on “Ask a question” on the top-right and choose “WABiz: Request official business account status”.
Fill in the required information and submit the necessary documents in support of your application. Ensure that you have two-factor authentication enabled for your account before you proceed to send your business for verification.
You can view your request status in your Business Manager under the “Direct support” tab.
Option 2: Use a Solution Provider like DoubleTick
For a smoother experience, consider partnering with a solution provider such as DoubleTick. We'll simplify the green tick application process by applying on your behalf, making the process quicker and less daunting.
It's important to note that while DoubleTick can streamline the process, it cannot influence Meta's decision to approve your green tick application. Meta's decision is final.
Upon approval of your request, your WhatsApp Business account will be upgraded to a WhatsApp Official Business account, and a verified green tick will appear next to your profile picture.
If you're looking for the best MarCom tool that can send unlimited messages to your customers on WhatsApp without getting blocked then DoubleTick is the best business solution for you. Here are a few of the top reasons to sign up with DoubleTick WhatsApp Business API.
- It provides bulk broadcast messages and catalog to both saved and unsaved contacts.
- It Automates WhatsApp marketing by scheduling broadcast messages.
- Stay on top of your WhatsApp marketing campaign with real-time analytics and detailed reports to track your metrics and fine-tune your approach.
- With a cloud-based team inbox and role-based access it runs on a single WhatsApp number for the entire company.
- End-to-end automated catalog sharing and order booking via AI-Powered Commerce BOT.
- It allows WhatsApp automation via AI-powered active chatbot that can answer customers’ queries, send automated anniversaries & birthday wishes, abandoned cart notifications, pending balance reminders, bills and all kinds of alerts to customers.
- You can easily integrate tools like Zapier, WooCommerce, Google Sheets, Pabbly etc with DoubleTick in just a few clicks.
- Mobile-friendly and easy to use.
- 24/7 Customer support is available on call, WhatsApp or email.
How to Get a DoubleTick?
Kindly email us at email@example.com or Click Below to get a FREE DEMO to know about our product offering, features and pricing plans.
Now transform WhatsApp into the ultimate sales engine to delight customers and drive revenue with DoubleTick!
Read more about DoubleTick here - What is DoubleTick and How This Could Be Your Greatest WhatsApp Marketing and Sales Tool
Requisites to Apply for DoubleTick WhatsApp Business API
- A Facebook Business Manager account
- A verified business
- A WhatsApp business account
- A fresh phone number
- A Line of Credit for your WhatsApp business account
- A command line tool such as Terminal or an app like Postman that can perform URL requests (Not needed if applied via DoubleTick)
We'd also need at least two documents from the below list to verify the business:
- Business bank statement
- Business License
- Certificate of incorporation
- Goods and services tax registration certificate (GST)
- Permanent account number card (PAN)
- Shop establishment certificate
- Udyog Aadhar / MSME Certificate
- Utility bill
We can't onboard you if the above documents are not available.
- You'll have to get a new phone number for your WhatsApp Business API account as you can't use this further for your personal use.
- You can also use your existing phone number for your WhatsApp Business API account but all your data will be erased and you'll not be able to use it for your personal use any further.
What if WhatsApp Green Tick Verification is Denied?
Only a small percentage of businesses actually succeed in getting the green badge. In case the Green Tick Verification badge is denied you don't need to panic. You can apply again after 30 days.
Pro Tip: Take 60 days to improve your online presence and traffic, to make sure that your chances are higher than they were the first time.
Showcasing the Green Tick: Building Trust with Customers
Displaying the green tick on your WhatsApp profile and communications is a powerful way to showcase your verified status and build trust with your customers. Here are some strategies to consider:
- Evident Display of Green Tick on Your WhatsApp Profile: The Green Tick visible on your WhatsApp Profile instantly communicates to customers that they are engaging with a verified business.
- Communicate Your Verified Status to Customers: Take advantage of the green tick badge in your messaging to reinforce your verified status. Mention it in your welcome messages, automated replies, and any marketing materials to establish trust and credibility.
- Use the Green Tick in Marketing Materials and Promotions: Incorporate the green tick badge into your marketing materials, such as social media posts, website banners, and email signatures. This visually reinforces your authenticity and helps create a cohesive brand presence.
Conclusion: Harnessing the Power of WhatsApp Verification for Business Success
WhatsApp verification and the green tick badge hold tremendous power in establishing trust, building credibility, and driving business success. By following the step-by-step guide to earning your green tick, leveraging the WhatsApp Business API, and implementing best practices, you can unlock the full potential of WhatsApp as a marketing tool. Embrace the power of WhatsApp verification, showcase your verified status, and enjoy the benefits of increased customer trust, improved communication, and business growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What is the significance of the green tick on WhatsApp?
Answer: The green tick signifies that a business account on WhatsApp has been verified and is genuine. It builds trust with customers and differentiates verified accounts from unverified ones.
Question: How does WhatsApp verification benefit businesses?
Answer: WhatsApp verification enhances customer trust and confidence, improves message deliverability, and provides access to advanced features and capabilities that enhance communication and marketing efforts.
Question: Can any business get verified on WhatsApp?
Answer: WhatsApp verification is available for businesses that meet the eligibility criteria set by WhatsApp. Businesses must be registered and operating legally.
Question: How long does the verification process take?
Answer: The verification process duration may vary depending on various factors, including the completeness of the documentation provided and the volume of verification requests at that time.
Question: Can businesses lose their green tick status?
Answer: Yes, businesses can lose their green tick status if they violate WhatsApp's terms of service or guidelines. It is essential to consistently adhere to WhatsApp's policies to maintain verification status.
Question: Does WhatsApp monitor verified business accounts for quality assurance?
Answer: Yes, WhatsApp continuously monitors verified business accounts to ensure compliance with their policies. This includes monitoring for spam, misuse, and adherence to the terms of service.